Like many people around the world I have been keeping to myself these days. I've pulled myself away from the coronavirus news over the past four days to do some spring cleaning that I didn't get around to last year. Here are seven other things that I accomplished today -- all small, insignificant but somehow life-giving in a trying time.
1. I decided to leave the thermometer on my coffee table so I keep taking my own temperature. Otherwise, I forget because, thankfully, I"m feeling fine right now.
2. I've written and mailed a letter, long overdue, to someone dear to me.
3. I made a new list of new groceries so I remember to use everything up before I ask someone to go to the store for me.
4. I've set an alarm so I remember to immerse myself in a virtual viola concert by a friend's talented daughter.
5. I've cleaned up a few pairs of old earrings because, while makeup seems stupid, a sparkle here and there doesn't.
6. I've made a point of savoring both of my cups of coffee this morning -- one alone and one 10 feet away from my neighbors.
7. I've added one app and tackled some new software so I can "visit" others online. I will not let this devastating horror get the best of me.